Vesterålen Crisis Centre offers services to women, men and their children who are victims of physical and psychological violence in close relationships
- The crisis centre is run by knowledgeable staff members who have lengthy experience caring for persons who are victims of violence.
- The crisis centre is not a treatment facility, but a low-threshold help centre where all services are free of charge.
- We are not a substitute for public services, but we are a supplement to them.
You are welcome to contact us at any time
The Vesterålen Crisis Centre has the following objectives
- To offer you and/or your children protection, support and practical help in a difficult life situation.
- To be a safe place where you can tell your story, be taken seriously and be met with understanding and warmth.
- To help you and, with your consent, contact public service agencies such as the police, NAV, legal assistance, doctors and any others whom you may need to talk to or consult.
- To give you the time you need to gain control over your own life so that you can make the decisions that will result in a life free from violence.